Credit Analyst at Kyosk Digital Services
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 - 4 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- The role of a Credit Data Analyst in the Financial Services Department at Kyosk is a critical position responsible for analyzing and interpreting credit-related data to assess risk, support decision-making, and contribute to the overall success of the organization. The Credit Data Analyst plays a key role in evaluating creditworthiness, developing credit risk models, and preparing insightful reports to aid in credit portfolio management.
- Data Analysis: Collect, analyze, and interpret credit-related data from various sources to assess risk, identify trends, and support decision-making processes within the Financial Services Department.
- Credit Risk Assessment: Evaluate credit applications and assess the creditworthiness of individuals and businesses by analyzing financial statements, credit reports, and other relevant information. Develop and maintain credit scoring models to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of credit evaluations.
- Data Reporting: Prepare comprehensive reports and dashboards that provide insights into credit performance, delinquency rates, portfolio trends, and credit scoring outcomes. Support the generation of consolidated Financial Services product reports for senior management and stakeholders.
- Model Development: Collaborate with the risk management team to develop and enhance credit risk models and algorithms that enable accurate risk assessments and improve credit portfolio management.
- Data Integrity: Ensure data accuracy and consistency by implementing data quality checks and maintaining data governance standards to support reliable credit decision-making processes.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated with relevant financial regulations and industry best practices to ensure that credit data analysis and reporting adhere to legal and compliance requirements.
- Process Optimization: Identify opportunities for process improvements within the credit data analysis workflow, contributing to increased efficiency and effectiveness in credit risk management and consolidated product reporting.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with the finance, marketing, and operations teams to gain insights into business performance and provide data-driven recommendations for credit-related strategies.
- Forecasting and Predictive Analysis: Utilize statistical methods and predictive modeling techniques to forecast credit portfolio performance, identify potential credit risks, and contribute to the consolidated Financial Services product reporting.
- Training and Knowledge Sharing: Provide training and mentorship to team members on data analysis tools and methodologies to enhance the department's overall data analysis capabilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- Experience: Proven experience as a data analyst or credit analyst in the financial services industry, with a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant experience. Experience in credit scoring and consolidated financial product reporting is highly desirable.
- Analytical Skills: Proficient in data analysis tools and techniques, including SQL, Excel, Python, R, or other statistical software. Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau or Power BI is advantageous.
- Financial Knowledge: Strong understanding of credit risk assessment, credit scoring models, financial statement analysis, and consolidated financial product reporting.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Demonstrated ability to identify patterns, trends, and insights from complex data sets and translate them into actionable recommendations.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills to present data analysis findings to stakeholders effectively.
- Attention to Detail: High level of accuracy and precision in data analysis, ensuring the integrity of credit-related data.
- Adaptability: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Team Player: Capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and actively contributing to a positive and supportive team environment.
- Regulatory Awareness: Familiarity with relevant financial regulations and compliance standards in Kenya is advantageous