Consular Associate - Fraud Prevention
Consular Associate (USEFMs only) - Fraud Prevention
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification KCSE
- Experience 1 - 3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial, Aviation / Airline
Basic Function of the Position:
- Under the direct supervision of the Fraud Prevention Manager, the Consular Associate is assigned a wide range of responsibilities in the Fraud Prevention Unit (FPU). The job holder provides consular services to U.S. citizens, conducts non-adjudicatory visa processing, and assists in investigation and validation studies. Incumbent also handles correspondence with the public, attorneys, U.S. and host governments, Congress, and other parties. Must be able to secure and maintain a Secret level security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Education & Experience:
- Completion of High School is required.
- General understanding of U.S. policies related to consular and visa operations.
- Minimum of three years of office administrative experience is required with at least one year of consular experience.
LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to input data in consular systems with minimum errors, and spot and correct errors made by others (applicants and fellow staff).
- Demonstrated skills in MS Office Suite and general computer skills including information and database management.
- Organizational skills, including task management and filing skills; communication skills including writing skills appropriate for drafting official correspondence and reports.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOS Secret Security clearance.
- Tact and good judgment in dealing with the public, often under difficult and sensitive circumstances.
- Sensitivity in evaluating evidence and applying complex regulations correctly.
- Ability to learn applicable U.S. and host country laws, regulations, legal precedents, and court decisions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass security certifications.