Communications Associate - Consultant
UNOPS helps the UN and its partners provide peace and security, humanitarian and development solutions.Our mission is to help people build better... read more
Job Ad & Profile Description
Position : Communications Associate - Consultant
We are looking for a Communications Associate - Consultant.
- Plan and design communications and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans:
- Coordinate, implement, and monitor the implementation of the Ministry of Gender Communication Strategy;
- Implement Ministry of Gender communications and advocacy strategy;
- Monitor and analyze print and social media and draft reports, and provide analysis to the UN Women’s Country Office (when needed).
- Coordinate and contribute substantively to the development and dissemination of advocacy materials in the Ministry.
- Draft briefing materials, and press releases and coordinate their dissemination through effective channels;
- Identify storylines for publication and articles;
- Promote and disseminate corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives, publications, and campaigns;
- Coordinate the translation/adaptation/rewriting of information received, printing and dissemination of publications and audio-visual materials;
- Follow guidelines from UN Women's CO.
- Coordinate media relations for the Ministry of Gender
- Coordinate the establishment of relevant relationships;
- Maintain a list of relevant media in the country;
- Respond to inquiries for public and UN system information materials;
- Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions for the press, as required;
- Draft talking points.
- Build and maintain partnerships and maintain relations with donors.
- Maintain relationships with partners and alliances to enhance visibility;
- Liaise with advocacy partners and undertake outreach to civil society organizations, governments, and other groups to ensure that newsworthy information reaches the public and donors, as delegated.
- Coordinate the Ministry of Gender web/ online presence.
- Coordinate Ministry of Gender websites’ content and maintenance based on corporate requirements;
- Coordinate Ministry of Gender social media accounts in line with corporate social media policy;
- Upload information to the knowledge management system on a regular basis, including news, updates, and resources.
Required profile for job ad : Communications Associate - Consultant
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Ability to communicate sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies;
- Knowledge of web-based management systems;
- Knowledge of production, graphic design and photography standards;
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience in social media outreach;
- Knowledge of local country media landscape;
- Communication, networking and advocacy skills;
- Ability to be strategic and analytical;
- Knowledge of gender and human rights issues is desirable.
Education and certification:
- Secondary Education with specialized training in communications, public relations, journalism, or a relevant field is required;
- University Degree in communication or Journalism or other related area would be desirable, but it is not a requirement;
- At least 1 year of professional work experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
- Experience in the use of social media.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Job criteria for job ad : Communications Associate - Consultant
|Job category :||Marketing, communication|
|Industries :||Government services|
|Employment type :||Permanent contract|
|Experience level :||Less than 2 years|
|Educational level :||Bachelor|
|Key Skills :||COMMUNICATIONMARKETINGDESIGNMARKETING COMMUNICATIONJOURNALISMCOMMUNICATION STRATEGYTRANSLATIONPUBLIC RELATIONSMEDIA|
|Number of Position(s) :||2|