Chief of Party at Chemonics International
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience8 - 10 years
- Job FieldNGO/Non-Profit
- Directs implementation of the project’s strategic long-term vision, provides overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the USAID-funded private sector development activity.
- Provides expertise in developing and executing locally led, sustainable business models for increasing sales and exports, in the agricultural sector.
- Apply understanding of development assistance in agricultural services, market systems strengthening, to effectively lead and inform the activity’s technical implementation.
- Build, manage, and maintain effective working relations with public and private stakeholders, local organizations, international organizations, private sector partners, civil society, and U.S. Government agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and Chemonics policies and systems.
- Facilitates close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of staff, with attention paid to professional development opportunities.
- Serves as the primary liaison between USAID, host-country government, stakeholders, implementing partners, and home office on all program related matters.
- Master’s Degree (or international equivalent) MSc, MBA, MPA, or equivalent.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of senior-level experience in managing donor funded programs (USAID preferred).
- Significant experience working with diverse stakeholders in agriculture finance, strategy consulting, private equity, venture capital, SME development, investment banking, or related sector, ideally in Africa.
- Experience mobilizing agriculture investments using inclusive market-based approaches to agricultural development including experience leading negotiations and brokering deals.
- Experience in the financial sector required including experience structuring financial instruments (blended finance, debt, equity) to improve access to finance, preferably in the agriculture sector.
- Relevant experience in East Africa required, experience in Kenya strongly preferred.
- Significant management experience demonstrated through team management, supervisory responsibilities, and general leadership experience.
- Broad general and technical knowledge of the agriculture investment sector in Kenya.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; proficiency in Kiswahili preferred.
- This role is expected to be based in Nairobi, Kenya and it is anticipated that there will be significant in-country travel.