Chief Engineer at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience2 - 5 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Engineering / Technical
To ensure efficient operation of the hotel property and all its equipment, ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection of the Owner's asset. Structural aspects of the hotel as well as the maintenance of grounds and external facilities all fall within the span of responsibility of the Chief Engineer.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a Chief Engineer, you will be responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel, daily, maintenance checks, and repairing mechanical equipment to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Chief Engineer will also be required to coordinate renovation projects and develop emergency programs.
- Oversee the engineering department with attention to details and follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion of tasks and projects.
- Maintain all equipment and systems in correct operational status including but not limited to Accor MEP standards, Fire & Life Safety standards, Risk Management, environmental standards, expenditures and project management.
- Ensure proper completion of the Preventive Maintenance Program for guest rooms, public areas, and safety systems while working closely with the Rooms Division, Food & Beverage Department, Security, purchasing and other operational departments.
- Maintain all mechanical rooms inclusive of Boiler Plant, chilled water circulation, air handling units, fan coils, VAVs, motors, pumps etc.
- Prepare and control of the monthly and annual engineering department budget.
- Experience in yearly engineering-budget preparations and monthly forecasting of the department’s expenses.
- Forecast and manage the hotel energy and water usage and all the associated costs.
- Prepare CAPEX expenditures for the engineering department and assist all other departments in preparing their CAPEX needs.
- Identify issues and provide solutions, inclusive of outsourcing and managing 3rd party companies.
- Identify, budget for and manage projects related to renovations and or replacements within the hotel
- Work closely with the purchasing department to source the best products for the least cost.
- Monitoring the Hotel's Energy consumption on daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring prompt and/or immediate response to maintenance requests from our guests, employees, and management of the Hotel.
- Coordinate and complete all audits related to engineering and risk management.
- Responsible for departmental health and safety, training programs, statutory compliance.
- Participate on hotel level in Accor & Ennismore Energy/Sustainability Programs.
- Comply with every reasonable request from their supervisor within an amount of time that it takes to comply under normal circumstances.
GENERAL TASKS & MISCELLANEOUS
- Be flexible and to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Must be able to assess situations and react accordingly through analysis and perspective.
- Should be available in front of the guests and colleagues – in accordance to their position – and to serve as an example for other employees
- Comply with every reasonable request from their supervisor within an amount of time that it takes to comply under normal circumstances
- Other trade certificate(s) would be an asset.
- Pool water chemistry knowledge is required
- Knowledge of computerized energy management systems is preferred
- HVAC (Heating/Ventilation and Air Conditioning) background is an asset
- Must be a self-starter and motivator
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be team oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have an eye for detail and a passion for guest service
- Enthusiastic and dependable
- Active listening
- Communication Skills
- Customer service
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hospitality industry and engineering experience with two years in an equivalent capacity.
- Experience in a pre-opening property will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply