Business Transformation Officer P3 - Burundi, Bujumbura (829062)
Requisition ID 829062 -
Posted 18/08/2023 - Fixed Term - Africa, Southern - Burundi - Bujumbura -
Working Job Language (2)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees. We encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Monday, September 4th, 2023 (11:59 PM CET)
Are you a Business Transformation Officer interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you!!! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) , a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
WHY JOIN US
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section)
WFP Burundi has started formulating a full Country Strategic Plan (CSP) for 2024-2027, matching the new United Nations Cooperation Framework for Sustainable Development (UNSDCF) 2023-2027. The current ICSP will, therefore, be shortened to run until February 2024.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support the development of functional work plans, ensuring compliance with wider WFP policies, standards and strategies.
2. Continuously improve guidelines, processes and procedures of Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and IT Project Management functions.
3. Build and nurture relationships with the business counterparts to understand and anticipate the direction of the business and ensure alignment of provider’s solutions with changing business requirements and priorities.
4. Participate in identifying business needs and propose well-researched ideas for new or improved systems, tools and processes that assist meeting WFP objectives.
5. Manage business expectations in servicing business needs and oversee success of solutions, seeking ongoing opportunities to support or increase the business value from those solutions.
6. Propose change and continuous operational improvement that supports business capabilities, by defining needs, modeling the business and recommending solutions that deliver value for business priorities.
7. Communicate business objectives, requirements and process flows, to ensure common understanding and prioritization between stakeholders for their smooth implementation.
8. Test and perform in-depth analysis of IT solutions to ensure they address business objectives, needs, requirements and process flows efficiently and effectively.
9. Manage estimates, business cases, planning, and risk identification to ensure the delivery of IT solutions into the business to agreed time, budget, scope and quality.
10. Manage a team of staff, providing coaching, training and guidance to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
- At least ﬁve (5) years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in technology, project management, business systems analysis, design, and development, or other relevant areas.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Ability to create simple messages from complex data sets and present them concisely, tailoring messages to the needs of the speciﬁc audience.
- Strong business engagement ability.
- Experience in managing and supervising a team.
- Fluency (level C) in English and French is required.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
• Has effectively managed IT projects and supervised project team members.
• Has analysed and translated user requirements into new business processes and applications.
• Has formed strong partnerships with relevant parties to help meet WFP’s IT requirements.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days' annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan, and medical insurance. For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Bujumbura, Burundi to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete, and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable).
- Once your profile is complete, please apply, and submit your application.
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at email@example.com in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.