Branch Managers and Branch Focal Persons (Vacant positions and Buffer list recruitment)
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (IFRC). Uganda Red Cross implements lifesaving services across the country and would wish to invite applicants that meet job requirements for vacant positions in our organisation.
URCS is a membership organization with over 450,000 registered members and volunteers. The National Society has a national wide structure working in 51 Branch Offices spread across the country; divided into 5 (five) URCS regions of; Northern, Eastern, Western, Central, and Southern Uganda.
The Branches for the respective Regions include;
URCS is desirous of filling vacant positions and maintaining a buffer list of recruited staff for quick deployment where operational needs may warrant, and therefore hereby invites applicants that meet job requirements for the vacant positions in our organisation. URCS staff and service volunteers shall be given priority.
Candidates interested in the positions advertised should express interest by submitting their filled application forms indicating their preferred region (but not the branch) of deployment, together with copies of their academic transcripts and certificates to; email@example.com or hand-delivered to the URCS Headquarters at Rubaga, or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
The closing date for receipt of the applications is 21st August 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only short listed candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
|Title||Branch Managers and Branch Focal Persons (Vacant positions and Buffer list recruitment)|
|Grade||Salary is based on a person-to-holder basis|
|Reports||Director Branch and Membership Development |
|Location||Any of the Branch locations specified above|
|Duration||One (1) Year with the possibility of renewal|
The Branch Manager and Branch Focal Persons will be responsible to lead the implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2 (Branch and Membership Development); i.e. the URCS core activities of Dissemination of Red Cross Principles and Values, First Aid, Disaster Preparedness and Response, Blood Donor Recruitment, Membership Recruitment, Local Resource Mobilization, and Volunteer Management.
- Implementation of the URCS Strategic Option 2: Strengthen Branch Membership Management;
- Disseminate and implement all the URCS approved policies;
- Adhere to and lead the implementation of the URCS approved systems and structures at the Branch level;
- Plan for, Coordinate, and lead the implementation of membership recruitment campaigns;
- Lead the Branch resource mobilization and design plans for the sustainability of the Branch;
- Identify, engage, develop, and maintain Branch and institutional partnerships relevant to the growth of URCS;
- Implement a robust volunteer management framework at the Branch to attract and retain value-adding volunteers to the URCS;
- Provide technical and operational guidance to the Branch governance in harmony with the URCS constitution and other policies;
- Identify and address capacity building requirements for staff, governance, and volunteers at the Branch;
- Monitor and evaluate the branch performance and compliance with the URCS constitution as well as other policies;
- Strategically identify, evaluate, and seek opportunities to collaborate with the URCS Departments, programs, services, and activities that engage URCS youth in promoting membership recruitment, dissemination, international youth programs, and quality program implementation;
- Ensure proper usage and safe custody of Branch assets and compliance with the URCS approved policies;
- Prepare and submit timely & quality accountabilities and reports in accordance with URCS standards and policies.
Minimum qualifications, working experience and competencies: