Banking Coverage & Delivery Lead // East Africa
About this job
As the Banking Coverage & Delivery Lead // East Africa, you will be accountable for managing and developing strategic partnerships with pan-African bank partners to drive financial inclusion across Africa by articulating the JUMO model, ensuring they understand the value of the partnership, establishing the ideal product construct and ensuring the optimisation of portfolio growth, achievement of revenue goals and management of risk in line with the partnership agreement. You will report to the Head of Partnerships as part of the Banking Coverage & Delivery // Africa team.
- Be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing strong relationships with key financial service partners.
- Explain the benefits of a partnership utilising sound banking and financial services knowledge with an ability to talk to portfolio strategy, reporting, compliance and data analytics.
- Spearhead the delivery of JUMO’s mobile financial services products in line with the JUMO strategy, local regulatory requirements and the partnerships agreement.
- Collaborate and facilitate conversations with bank partner and JUMO to share useful insights, identify and resolve issues and maintain strategic alignment to improve the overall health of the relationship.
- Monitor portfolio performance in line with agreed partner mandates to identify opportunities for optimisation and growth.
- Identify and share business information, regulatory updates and macrotrends with internal stakeholders that could potentially influence product/portfolio performance.
- Drive collaboration with internal cross functional teams to ensure legal, regulatory, data, product, marketing, finance and operations requirements are considered to achieve revenue goals and manage risk.
- Optimize the partnership through strategic partnering and identification of new, mutually beneficial market opportunities in line with the JUMO business model.
You will need
- Technology or business qualification at a post graduate level from a reputable university
- 3+ years of experience in retail or digital financial services ideally with good understanding of financial products and performance, mobile money, credit risk, lending and savings dynamics
- Track record in high level negotiations with major counter-parties to achieve and facilitate a given strategy
- Experience across a number of Emerging Markets, ideally across East Africa
- Ability to manage complex relationships at both managerial and executive levels.
- Strong commercial and business acumen, including articulating the JUMO strategy and translating it into strategic plans and deliverables.
- Building deep and effective relationships with potential partners, gaining their trust and respect.
- Resourceful approach to challenges, executing plans, asking insightful questions and making informed decisions in the face of ambiguity.
- High emotional intelligence, actively listening, asking relevant questions, taking ownership.
- Breaking down complex challenges into measurable work streams and leading their delivery.
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Confident personality with strong presentation ability.
- Working well under tight deadlines, multitasking, prioritizing and managing diverse workloads.
- Decisive, detail orientated, enthusiastic problem solver.
- Ability and willingness to travel where required.
Bonus if you have
- Worked in B2B technology firms as part of partner execution team.
- Exposure to e-money and consumer or small business credit.
- Experience in engaging with regulators.
- Experience with structured trading and CIB.
- Technical project management experience.
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
You will love
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people in an inspiring work environment.
- Working as one team towards our goal of financial inclusion.
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support.
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges.
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery.
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead.
This position is based in Uganda or Zambia. We operate a remote first working approach, where working remotely is our default way of working. Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration. We have co-working spaces available for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. You have flexibility where to work from, as long as you are set up to work remotely and have access to data with a strong and reliable connection as we value online facetime for collaboration at JUMO.
Diversity and Inclusion
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and we strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.