B2B Sales Coordinator
--ENGIE Energy Access--
Requisition ID: 11959 Location: UG
Job Title: B2B Sales Coordinator
Department: Strategic Marketing
Reporting Line: Head of Commercial
Location: Uganda (with potential upcountry travel as required)
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
This position will be part of the Uganda Commercial team that is based in Kampala, Uganda with oversight from the Head of Strategic Marketing. This is an incredible opportunity for a talented individual to join a high-performing team that is passionate about pioneering expanded energy access and financial services to off-grid customers at the base of the pyramid. Key responsibilities will include developing and closing corporate sales opportunities in Uganda. Your work will make a meaningful impact by enabling EEA to continuously increase the size and scope of its reach, delivering life-changing products and services to our customers.
This role will require a strong:
- Understanding of the corporate sales environment in Uganda
- Written communication skills to develop Proposals
- Stakeholder engagement.
- project management skills to ensure effective development and management of the B2B leads pipeline.
- Support sourcing, designing and closing needle moving B2B commercial deals for EEA Uganda. These are long-term, high investment partnerships that EEA pursues across the business
- Source and close smaller, local sales and new sales channels across current EEA Ugandan market
- Develop broader business development strategies and work cross-functionally to understand EEA’s partnership needs and high value-add opportunities for the organization
Implementation & Stakeholder Management
- Engagement of external stakeholders
- Manage a variety of stakeholders, internal and external, in ensuring a smooth and successful roll out with commercial partners.
- Liaise with local country sales leads in tracking and driving growth in local B2B sales opportunities
Implementing strategic projects
- Co-designing and implementing the corporate sales strategy in-line with EEA’s B2B objectives
- Collaborating with the Sales and Marketing Departments to increase the sales performance through specific B2B channels.
- Conducting corporate sales:
- Developing standardized corporate sales models
- Establishing corporate sales partnerships
- Selling products to the identified corporate / B2B clients
- Monitoring and reviewing sales, acting as a direct Point of Contact for the corporate client.
- Strong creativity, interpersonal and communication skills
- Adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in sales, marketing or business studies preferred
- Demonstrated ability" to map stakeholder engagement in standards development planning, to engage stakeholders appropriately in the process and solution selection, and to develop strong relationships and buy-in
- Ideally at least 2-5 years of experience in sales operations, having previously performed a similar documentation exercise of core sales areas (i.e., Proposals)
- At least 3 years' experience working in Corporate Sales or a related field.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to pitch sales
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel is required
- Strong knowledge of, English and CO specific language is preferable
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!