Aunt /Psychologist at SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development & child-focused organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health and community development programs, that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda therefore seeks to recruit Aunties/Psychologists for Byumba and Kayonza Location.
Type of contract: One year renewable based on performance appraisal
Supervisor: Alternative care Coordinator
The National Office of SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda located at Kigali/Kacyiru wishes to recruit Aunties. SOS aunties support SOS parents in caring for their children. SOS Parents provide individualized care and promote the development, education and health of each child. Girls and boys of different ages live together. Every effort is made to keep biological siblings together.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Supports children in a family house in all their developmental activities
- Builds positive relationships with children, other families and the community
- Assists to manage family homes in a conducive environment for children’s development.
- Participate in to rehabilitation services activities of new admitted children.
- Know and promote the rights and responsibilities of a child
- Spend quality time with each individual child, as agreed in her assigned households
- Be available for the children, offering them advice, guidance and support through difficult times in their lives
- Help children to revise their lessons at home and assist them in school home works.
- Take sick children to health center and take care of hospitalized children
- Participate in health trainings
- Maintain a high standard of safety and security
A detailed job description will be provided
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A0 in Psychology, clinical Psychology or Education.
- Must be 24 – 40 years old
- Any mothers training attended/certificate in child care will be added advantage
- Must have biological children who are not less than 12 years old.
- Mature with flexibility to work in a child care environment
- Criminal record certificate
- Communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Planning and organizing
- Understanding of child rights issues: knowledge in the area of child rights, child protection, child safeguarding, child development and family & community development
- Speaking English and Kinyarwanda, Speaking French is an added value.
- Computer literacy: Word and Excel
- Passionate about childcare and development
How to Apply:
The interested Candidates in this position should send a detailed CV, application letter, other deemed required documents with three (3) traceable professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and properly fill the application form found via the following LINK by no later than 25th August, 2023. at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
N.B: Please mention in the subject of your email: Aunt.
Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Done at Kigali, on 17th August, 2023.
Jean Bosco Kwizera