Assistant Storekeeper at The New Forests Company (T) Limited
Dar es Salam,
Job Opportunity at New Forests Company, Assistant Storekeeper
Job Position: Assistant Storekeeper
The New Forests Company is a sustainable, socially responsible forestry and timber products business with plantations in Uganda and Tanzania. See more at www.newforests.earth.
Purpose of the position:
The Assistant Storekeeper is responsible to assist the Storekeeper for the receipt, dispatch, and movement of all stores (Consumables), treatment chemicals, and other related stock and tools (Machines which can be kept in store) at the plant. The person shall receive deliveries from suppliers/procurement officer, record, arrange and properly keep the items in the store, issue items as per approved requisitions and prepare purchase requisitions for replacement of store stock.
Key Result Areas and accountabilities:
- Verify quantity, quality, and specifications of delivered items against purchase orders and delivery notes, receive, arrange, and safely store the items for preservation.
- Maintain store ledger and bin cards and record all items received and issued out in the bin cards.
- Recordkeeping of all stock items according to the prescribed procedure
- Always maintain effective stock control and ensure
- Minimum and Maximum stock thresholds are always maintained.
- Administer all store related paperwork and delivery notes as per defined procedures.
- Take part in stock taking periodically.
- Daily issue of all tools used at the plant and reconciliation of all tools returned at the end of a working day.
- Issue out and dispatch items as per approved requisitions and confirm delivery of the items and receipt of the items by the intended recipient as applicable.
- Liaising with the Storekeeper to ensure procurement is done in time to maintain acceptable stock levels.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for replacement of stock of all regular store’s items whenever the stock levels of the items approach the approved re-order level.
- Avoid stock outs.
- Issuing and maintenance of all PPE and other health & safety equipment at the plant, including fire extinguishers and first aid kits
- Ensure all assets are protected against fire and any other damage from weather elements.
- Ensure that internal controls are in place to safeguard all company assets. Reporting of all discrepancies and losses
- Avoid losses through theft or deterioration of company stock items.
Skills, Knowledge & Competencies required to perform this role:
- Good working knowledge of stock management systems.
- Excellent numerical skills and ability to do reconciliations.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Assertive and able to control stock with very high integrity levels.
- Good communication skills and ability to produce reports in English.
- Strong focus on quality and quality management practices
Qualifications & Professional registration:
- Qualified in wood technology | Forestry | applicable science
- Any appropriate management qualification would be an advantage.
- Years of experience required to perform this role
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar working environment
Desired start Date:
- 01st October, 2023.
How to apply:
The interested candidates can send their application letters & CVs to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 03rd September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
“The New Forests Company is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.”