With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Assistant Accountant
Report to: Response Finance Manager
Location: Lamwo District
Advert Start Date: 25th July 2023
Advert End Date: 1st August 2023
Purpose of the position:
To assist in providing financial and grant accounting support to the response in line with World Vision accounting policies & procedures and donor grants agreements. Liaise and support Response Finance Manager on all financial matters relating to the response.
1. Provide grants and financial technical support to the response/grants program staff including on-the-job training in order to maintain accurate and reliable financial information
2. Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU & WVI financial policies and guidelines and coordinate banking issues
3. Participate in the preparation monthly bank reconciliation with the support of the Response Finance Manager
4. Manage staff travel and business advances by ensuring accuracy, authenticity, completeness and timely retirement of advances and monthly Account Allocation in SUN
5. “Prepare payment vouchers (using Voucher Interface) and allocate various response and grants expenses to different cost centers/grants in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies and donor requirements and managing petty cash
6. Participate in the audit processes of the projects, particularly facilitating audit team members’ easy access to the project financial records
7. Code & Monitor budgets and also participate in the preparation of different project reports
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
Degree in Business Administration/Commerce-with accounting option.
Excellent spoken and written command of English.
Good communication, writing, facilitation;
Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Perform other duties as required
Pursuing professional course added advantage
Computer skills (word, Excel, power point preferred)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only