Nation Media Group is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating the Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor Newspapers, 93.3 KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Courier and the Monitor Business Directory. It also operates NTV, the biggest and most popular English-language television station and Spark TV, the first female-focused and fastest growing television station in Uganda.
assist managing the cash transactions of NMGU by disbursing petty cash,
receipt cheques & funds received via mobile money and banking of
cheques in accordance with group procedures.
• Circulate mobile money transactions to other NMGU stakeholders.
• Receipt all mobile money funds and cheques received on a daily basis.
• Ensure all cheques received are banked intact on a daily basis,
• Daily prepare and share cash/cheques collection report,
• Daily share the petty cash status report,
• Prepare reports-weekly cash summaries andmonthly cash status.
• Undertake the allocations of receipts to invoices on customers’ accounts.
• Participate in the weekly, monthly and end of year cash count engagements.
• Make over the counter payments to NMGU staff via Highly organized with ability to multitask mobile money.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Academic: University degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Statistics or any other related field from an accredited institution. Professional: Certified Public Accountant with relevant professions qualifications such as ACCA, CPA.
• Experience: At least 2-4 years working experience in Finance and Accounting in an FMCG Company.
• Business Acumen-good commercial and business awareness
• Knowledge of accounting packages
• High standards of integrity, trustworthy and reliable Excellent numeric skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints
• Post petty cash vouchers.
• Good communication skills-oral and written
How to Apply
If you believe that you are our ideal candidate, please submit your application, detailed CV and academic documents with a daytime telephone number, quoting the position you have applied for in the subject line by 21st July 2023. to the HR Lead-NMGU, Monitor Publications Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org