Agricultural Systems Change Lead (Fixed-Term) at One Acre Fund
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Agriculture / Agro-Allied
About the Role
In 2022, One Acre Fund was awarded $18m in funding from Co-Impact to implement a systems change programme in Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia over a 5 year period. In every country we aggregate sufficient mass of farmers to enable private and public actors to serve them, inject productive interventions of seed, trees, and land through these aggregators, and ensure equitable gender norms to make the system truly pro-women and pro-poor. By the end of 2026, together with our public and private-sector partners, we will deliver millions in cumulative new farm profits for 3.5+ million farm families.
We are seeking an experienced grant manager with strong project and stakeholder management skills to steward a complex grant focused on strengthening our Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia country programs to advance agricultural systems change. You will lead the coordination and monitoring of main activities associated with the grant delivered through multiple internal departments and external partners. You will report to a leader on our Global Business Development & Partnerships team while also working with Kenya, Rwanda and Ethiopia country program team members.
Program strategy and implementation - You will work closely with country and program leads in the 3 countries to ensure successful tracking and delivery of program goals and grant milestones. You are expected to work with our internal teams, monitor potential risks and project implementation challenges, and work towards seeking solutions in collaboration with all project staff and consortium members.
- Grant Writer & Management - You will be responsible for writing narrative and financial reports in collaboration with the Business Development team. You will partner with our frontend fundraisers to design and draft original writing through a collaborative process and monitor budget and associated milestones alongside our internal Grants Finance team.
- Sub-grantee Management - You will also be working closely with our sub-grantee partner staff, ensuring grant milestones are achieved and program interventions are in alignment with the overall grant objective.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of practical experience leading complex field programs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Prior writing experience is essential.
- Prior experience in grant management experience and/or agricultural value chain experience is strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the context in Sub-Saharan Africa, and experience working with government institutions and international or non-governmental organizations supporting systems change work is strongly preferred.
- Genuine commitment to rural communities. You are passionate about providing opportunity to the hardest-working farmers on the planet.
- Language: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund on oneacrefund.org to apply