Administrative Assistant III-Program
This career level administrative assistant, while maintaining strict confidentiality, collaborates with teammates to perform high level administrative work that directly advances the operations and objectives of the department served, providing a full suite of skilled support functions to a large work group or highly skilled and specialize support; may directly support a director or senior director.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Performs skilled support work entering detailed electronic data, researching, retrieving, and formatting information and data requiring specialized knowledge of the assigned work group.
- Drafts and review records, documents, or forms and other correspondence, which may be confidential in nature. Often schedules major meetings, records meeting minutes, coordinates complex travel, welcomes and hosts visitors, and prepares agendas and itineraries.
- Creates, coordinates data report creation, tracking, and dissemination for the department or work group supported.
- Communicate with staff in other countries to facilitate processing of information or work product, follow-up on accuracy and process compliance, ensure clear understanding between functions, as well as serve on project teams.
- Administers programs requiring subject matter expertise within the disciplines of the work group supported, as well as gathering, evaluating, and reporting on data related to the assigned department or client departments.
- Orders supplies or services, arrange for shipping or transportation, or provide other logistical services in accordance with standard practices and policies or trains other staff to accomplish these tasks.
- Provides support to the Partnership department include to guiding and supporting best practices documentation, report writing, create, uploading and updating web information, guides and supports field staff to use developed templates for documentation.
- Work in collaboration with other members to develop, process and publish CIT news for internal and public consumption. The admin assistant will also be a communication champion for the Partnership department.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion's core "Cultural Behaviors" in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation, Community Development, Public Relations or related discipline
- .Five years working in Program, Project Management, Program/Project Administration, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related field.
Others*Equivalent education, training and/or certification may be substituted for experience and education shown above
- Office – Standard Office Environment
- Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
- May be required to travel up to 20% of normal schedule