Accounting Systems Review
What We Need
- Analysis of accounting needs and assessment of Organization’s current accounting practices
- Recommendations for process improvements for enhanced reporting
- Recommendations on appropriate bookkeeping system such as a spreadsheet or Quickbooks and related costs (if necessary)
- Note: This does not include accounting systems set up or implementation
Our JPCSD organization also needs support in financial management, accounting and financial reporting.
What We Have In Place
- We currently have an accounting resource person who can provide you with JPCSD, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have a program manager who's here to help, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $8,564 , allowing us to increase the number of vulnerable people to be assisted
This project could improve our organization's financial management and reporting performance. In addition, our technical and financial partners may have more confidence in our management system and increase their funding.
Prep: Distribution of Prep Materials
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and/or software accounting
- Understanding of any local regulations or laws that would affect Organization's accounting needs
Milestone 1: Analysis & Recommendations
- Volunteer Manager communicates current accounting needs and practices to Professional
- Volunteer Manager provides a chart of accounts or operating budget, and any financial statements currently being generated (e.g. statement of financial position, statement of activities, or statement of cash flows), outlining current operational constraints with existing system
- Volunteer Manager conveys any budget and capacity considerations that might apply to ongoing bookkeeping management
- Note: If necessary, Volunteer Manager should have Volunteer sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) prior to sharing and discussing Organization’s financial information.
Milestone 2: Final Deliverable
- Professional provides revised list of recommendations, along with cost estimates and preferred vendors to use for implementation
About The Org
Jeunesse Porte Flambeau pour Combattre le Sida et la Drogue
Target: Youth at higher risk for HIV and drug use: drug users, sex workers, LGBT community, youth deprived of liberty, youth living with HIV
* Preventing new infections among youth in HIV-exposure situations
* Strengthen knowledge about reproductive health, HIV prevention, drug use risks, and prevention of exposure of children born to HIV-positive mothers and drug users
* To advocate for the improvement of the legal environment for marginalized people.